Sep 1, 2008

My Kind of "Kids"

These ARE my kind of kids! They were invited
guests at the second "Blessings Fiesta" in
Ocosingo, Chiapas for The Voice of the Martyrs
in 2006. Over 750 assorted children attended
from the host church, Casa de Oracion:Refugio de Esperanza (House of Prayer: Refuge of Hope)...
representing the church itself and it's 12o missions, with 12 Indian communities invited, and the 70 +/- children from the Kids at Risk Hope group. We later took small gifts for 250 children of the 80 evangelical Tztotzil Indians who were sentenced to 26 years for the Acteal Massacre in 1997...most of them innocent. The women and children in the blog title picture are also family members of the Acteal prisoners group. They are also MY type of people... And then shall the King say to them on His right hand,
"Come ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a
stranger, and you took Me in; naked and you clothed Me; I was sick, and ye visited Me; I was in prison and you came unto Me...Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me..." Praise the Lord, with one fiesta in a small southern Mexican town, the Lord allowed US to be blessed in being able to share His love with these children, and their parents, who have suffered much in following in the footsteps of Jesus... He also considers each one of them to be HIS kind of people too! Check it out yourself:
Am I My Brothers' Keeper? Matthew 25: Judgement of the Gentile Nations

No comments: